Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.your best resource for plastic materialsquality without compromisethe website that if often immitated, but never duplicated!the PTFE Sheet and Rod Page
This material is used frequently as a bearing or non-stick surface. Excellent choice for caustic fluid handling valves and fitting.
Massive size range in molded rod, tubular bar and plate. PTFE is also known as: Fluon, Diakin, Flouroplastic, Fluoropolymer, Neoflon, Polyfon, Chemfluor, and more.
PTFE sheets, rods, strip, slab, block and tubes are normal stock items.
Why you should use PTFE (Fluoropolymers):
- Very slippery and non-stick
- Wear resistance
- 500 degrees F continuous use temperature
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Very easy to machine and fabricate
- PTFE Rod available from .125″ -6″ as standard
- Larger sizes are molded per order
- PTFE Sheet – Film from .005″ – 3″ thickness
- PTFE Molded Tubing- Vast sizes are available – made to order
This material is excellent wear resistant, heat resistant and non-stick. PTFE is a thermoplastic polymer, which is a white solid at room temperature, and a density of 2.2g/cm3. Material has extremely good chemical resistance. Retains properties over a large range of temperatures, -100 degrees F to 400 degrees F.
- Chemically resistant to most chemicals and caustic/ acidic cleaning agents
- Offers excellent strength, rigidity and machinability
- Excellent electrical and thermal insulation
- Available in a wide range of grades and fillers
Frequently used in:
- Seals, gaskets and stem valves
- Wear and slide machined parts
- Chemical resistant fixtures
- Pump parts and manifolds- from PTFE Rod
- Scientific aircraft and electronic parts
- Steam and high temp seals – from PTFE sheet
Material Available As
.062″ – 4″ in Natural (White) in 48″ X 48″
.125″ -6″ Diameter Natural (White) in 60″ Lengths
.001″ -.062″ in Natural (White) in 12″ Wide (other widths – require Special Order)