Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.your best resource for plastic materialsquality without compromisethe website that if often immitated, but never duplicated!the PVDF Sheet and Rod Page
PVDF – Kynar®
This material is used in high purify fluid handling systems and parts.
PVDF material has excellent abrasion resistance, nuclear radiation resistance and unsurpassed chemical resistance.
Used in extensively in application for extremely very low moisture absorption and resistance to virtually all chemicals and solvents.
The most popular trade name is Kynar® and Kynar® 740 – made by Arkema®, but also known as: HD1000, Ensikem®, Tecaflon®, Mechatec® PVDF, Polystone® PVDF, Unitar®, Sustatec®, Kytec®, Symalit®, Foraflon®, Solef®, Trovidur® and others.
Why you should use PVDF – Kynar brand:
This material has excellent abrasion and exceptional chemical resistance. Has high dielectric strength and very good mechanical strength.
- Excellent corrosion & chemical resistance at ambient and elevated temperatures
- Chemically inert and extremely high purity
- 300 degrees F continuous use temperature
- Low permeability to gases and liquids
- Excellent balance of strength, toughness and abrasion resistance
- FDA, USDA, 3A, FM4910 and USP VI compliant
- Offers excellent strength, rigidity and machinability
Frequently used in:
- High Purity Fluid Processing Systems
- Fluid sensors, manifolds and valves
- Chemical processing and storage parts
- Liquid chromatography components
- Bearings and bushings
- DI water systems
Materials available as:
.250″ – 4″ in Natural (Ivory – Tan) in 24″ X 48″
375″ – 6″ diameter in Natural (Ivory – Tan) up to 120″ lengths (.250″ – 2.50″)