Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.your best resource for plastic materialsquality without compromisethe website that if often immitated, but never duplicated!the UHMW Sheet and Rod Page
UHMW Sheet and UHMW Rod
UHMW Rod in machined to make pulleys, wheels and washers. UHMW sheet is machined to produce FDA approved slip surfaces, food process fixtures and scrapers. Some popular brand or trade names are: Lennite®, Tivar®, Duravar®, Gardur®, Solidur®, Polyslick®, UHMV®, Polyfend® and Durasurf®.
We stock a very large inventory of UHMW performance plastic sheets and rods.
Why you should use UHMW-PE :
- Very low specific gravity (floats in water)
- Superior wear resistanceVery low moisture Absorption
- High chemical resistance
- Very low cost vs. physical properties
This material is excellent wearing and very abrasion resistant – one of the best materials made for these properties. Promotes the flow of bulk material (sand, soy beans, coal, ect). Superior material for wear strip, conveyor rails, slide plate, wear pads.
- Very low moisture absorption
- FDA, USDA and 3-A dairy compliant
- Superior wear resistance
- Chemically resistant to chlorine and caustic/acidic cleaning agents
- Offers excellent strength, rigidity and machinability
Frequently used in:
- Food, Dairy and Packaging equipment
- Timing screws, wear and slide machined parts
- Star wheels, idler sprockets and guide rails
- FDA and 3-A approved material for Scraper blades
- Hopper, chute lining, feeder lines and wear plates
Materials Available As
.125″ – 4″ in Natural (white) up to 48″ X 120″
Black available in many thicknesses
Some sheet available up to 8″ thick contact for details.
.250″ – 8″ diameter in Natural (White) and in some diameter Black up to 120″ lengths
Larger diameter available in non-FDA grades, contact for details.
.005″ – .060″ in up to 48″ wide Natural with and without adhesive
|General Property||ASTM Test||Typical Value|
|Specific Gravity||D792||.93 – .94|
|Tensile Strength Yield||D638||6,800|
|Coefficient of Friction – Static||D1894||.25|
|Izod Impact – Notched||D256||No Break|
|Hardness – Rockwell||D785||R64|
|Vicat Softening Temp||D1525||260|
|Deflection Temp @ 66 psi||D648||174|
|Co. Thermal Expansion||D696||11.0X10-5|
These Properties are for evaluation purposes only.
This information is not to be construed as a warranty, guarantee or assurance that you may achieve the same results. Materials made from different resin types, manufacturing techniques and manufacturers will react differently. The information should be used to compare against other materials only, and each user should make his own tests to determine suitability. No warranty as to this materials suitability are either expressed or implied.