Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.your best resource for plastic materialsquality without compromisethe website that if often immitated, but never duplicated!the Ultem Sheet and Rod Page
Stocked in Ultem 1000 Rods and Sheets, natural and black – and Ultem 2300 in natural and black.
Great for applications that require improved stiffness, glass fiber filled grades with filler levels of 10% – 40% are available. Because it offers superior resistance to autoclave sanitizing and is FDA/USDA and USP class VI compliant, PEI is frequently specified for reusable machined components used in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. First introduced by General Electric Plastics (GE Plastic) in 1982, and later sold to Sabic. Other material trade names for Sabic Ultem PEI: Unitem, Tempalux, Sustatec.
Why you should use Ultem:
- Exceptional Tensile and Flexural Strength
- Drastically Improved Physical Properties Compared to Acetal or Nylon
- Easily Machined and Fabricated
- Excellent electrical and mechanical properties
- Superior Electrical Properties
- Meets ASTM-D-5205
- FDA, USDA, 3A and USP Class VI Compliant
This materials is…an excellent machining amorphous thermoplastic which possesses a combination of useful characteristics, including high strength at elevated temperatures, high modulus, and broad chemical resistance. Material displays property retention and resistance to environmental stress cracking when exposed to a wide variety of chemicals. Material is extremely rigid, dimensionally stable and able to withstand continuous operating temperatures of 340 degrees F.
- Excellent Machining Properties
- Extremely Low NBS Smoke Evolution
- Inherent Flame Resistance UL 94 5VA at .075″
- 340 degrees F Continuous Use Temperature
- Chemically Resistant to Chlorine and Caustic/Acidic Cleaning Agents
- Offers excellent strength, rigidity and machinability
Materials Available As
.250″ (1/4?) – 4.0″ in Natural (Amber) in 24″ X 48″
Ultem Round Rod:
.250″ – 6.0″ diameter in Natural (Amber) up to 120″ lengths
.005″ – .187″ in Natural (Amber) up to 24″ wide (roll up to .030″)
Special Order/Minimums May Apply
Glass Filled Versions, Custom Sizes, Shapes, Colors and Formulations.
Ultem Blocks, Ultem Slab, Ultem Pieces, Ultem Cut Parts are also available.
Please Call For Specific Details