Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.your best resource for plastic materialquality without compromisethe Polypro Sheet and Rod Page
Polypropylene combines high corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance (Melting point is 320°F), and great tensile strength.
It maintains its stiffness at elevated temperatures and displays incredible resistance to organic solvents, degreasing agents, and electrolytic attack. In addition, the material is lightweight, and stain and moisture resistant.
Because of the incredible chemical resistance, Polypropylene can not be bonded or glued together. Polypropylene must be hot welded or the use of sonic welding to attach pieces together. This process, while outside of the norm, is quite common for the polyolefin family of plastics. The other polyolefin material with the same welding requirements is Polyethylene.
- Self lubricating and low co-efficient of friction
- High chemical resistance
- Abrasion, Moisture, and Electrical Resistance
- Stiffness, Rigidity, or cut resistance
- Low specific gravity (floats in water)
- Resistance to 180 degrees F and handles acids, alkalines and solvents extremely well
- USDA and FDA approved for use in food processing applications
- Excellent stiffness and rigidity
- Very good dielectric properties
- Impact and stress crack resistant
- FDA and NSF compliant
- Can be formed into almost any shape
- Unsurpassed chemical resistance
- Reliably handles all acids, alkalines and solver up to 180 degrees F
- Resistant to abrasion, cuts and moisture
- High tensile and compressive strength
- Dependably maintains rigidity in all weather conditions
- Superb dielectric properties
- Wide variety of formulations including conductive, glass filled and static dissipative
- approved by the USDA and FDA for use of food processing applications
Polypropylene Applications include:
|Tanks||Scrubbers||Irrigation||Acid Waste Pipping Systems||Battery cases|
|Machine cases||Etching equipment||Semi conductor trays||Insulation components||Plating tanks|
Materials Available As:
.030″ – 3″ in 48″ x 96″ Smooth surfaces natural sheet
Black available in many thicknesses
.022″ – .060″ in 48″ wide Natural only as standard
.250 – 10″ diameter in Natural- 96″ lengths
Conductive, Glass Filled Static dissipation, custom sizes, formulations, profiles or colors
These Properties are for evaluation purposes only.
This information is not to be construed as a warranty, guarantee or assurance that you may achieve the same results. Materials made from different resin types, manufacturing techniques and manufacturers will react differently. The information should be used to compare against other materials only, and each user should make his own tests to determine suitability. No warranty as to this materials suitability are either expressed nor implied.