Why you should use PEEK:
- It has Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Has Extremely High Continuous Temperature – to 480 degrees F
- Is Outstanding Wear Resistance and Low Moisture Absorption
- Has Good Dimensional Stability
This materials is…an excellent machining material – a favorite of machinists. Works like a soft brass, and has exceptional dimensional stability.
- Excellent Machining
- Low co-efficient of Friction / Superior Wear Resistance
- Dimensionally stable
- Very low moisture resistance
- Outstanding Wear Resistance and Excellent Dimensional Stability
- Is USP Class VI approved – upon factory request (per batch)
Still not sure PEEK is the proper material for your application, consult our free Plastic Materials Selection Guide.
Applications – Frequently used in:
- Steam Valves, Seals and Equipment
- Semi-Conductor Machine Components
- Autoclave applications – Resists Hydrolysis Under Super Heated Steam/Water
- Chemical Pump Gears and Wear Plates
- Medical, Surgical and Aerospace parts
- High Temperature Insulation, Bearings and Rollers
- Plasma Arc Torch Bodies
Contact us for more information on all the other grades in the Ketone family. While it solves many demanding engineering requirements, it is also rather expensive. Most clients choose these resins as a last resort, but if your design calls for high heat, high chemical resistance, excellent dimensional stability, excellent wear resistance and/or USP certification, these are an excellent solution. VICTREX has been at the forefront of high performance plastic materials, with PEEK being their flag-ship product line. Mil-P-46183 is most common specification associated with PEEK, call for additional information.
Materials Available As
Sheet, Rod, Tube and Film:
.250″ – 6.0″ Diameter
.250″ – 4.0″ Thickness
Up to 36″ OD – call with your requirements.
Non-Standard sizes, colors, glass filled and bearing grades
These Properties are for evaluation purposes only. This information is not to be construed as a warranty, guarantee or assurance that you may achieve the same results. Materials made from different resin types, manufacturing techniques and manufacturers will react differently. The information should be used to compare against other materials only, and each user should make his own tests to determine suitability. No warranty as to this materials suitability are either expressed or implied.
strong style=”color: #000080; font-size: 1.5em;”>Typical Resin Properties:
|Tensile Strength Yield
|Izod Impact – Notched
|Hardness – Rockwell
|Continuous Use Temp
|Deflection Temp @ 264psi
|Co. Thermal Expansion
||2.6 X 10-5